February 24, 2016 by polrec
APECS Early Career Arctic Policy Workshop at ASSW 2016 on 14 March
At the upcoming Arctic Summit Science Week (ASSW) in Fairbanks, Alaska (12 – 18 March 2016), APECS is organizing an Early Career Arctic Policy Workshop on Monday, March 14 from 9:00 – 12:30.
This half-day workshop will begin with a keynote and five short presentations addressing the global effort to use best-available science in the development of Arctic policy. Participants will then break into smaller, mentor-led groups to discuss strategies for incorporating scientific knowledge into impactful Arctic policy.
Mentors guiding the APECS break-out groups include:
- Carolina Behe, Inuit Circumpolar Council-Alaska
- Terry Chapin, University of Alaska Fairbanks Institute of Arctic Biology
- Henry Huntington, the PEW Charitable Trusts
- Amy Lovecraft, University of Alaska Fairbanks Political Science Department
- Peter Winsor, University of Alaska Fairbanks School of Fisheries and Ocean Sciences
If you are not registered for Arctic Summit Science Week, you can volunteer for portions of ASSW in order to attend other portions. For more information, email ASSW volunteer coordinator Nate Bauer at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the volunteer website.